Click below to see our menus:
Meet the owners:
Jim and Joe are number five and
six of the seven LeGrand siblings. Jim stated working at the store in his
teens in 1977. Joe started in 1981. They worked for the previous owner Mr.
Binder who took over the store in 1957, from his father who built the store
in 1936. In 1987 Jim and Joe bought the business and ran it primarily as a
grocery store, making subtle changes along the way. In 1990 they bought the
building and changed the name to LeGrandís. In 1995 they started catering
and began making deli sandwiches which caught on quickly. Many of the
sandwiches are named after St. Louis sports teams. People often comment on
how fresh the lunch meat (Boars Head brand) is and the heaping amounts that
are used. As they slowly cut down on the grocery section they added indoor
seating, still keeping the feel of a 50ís corner store. Their main priority
is to keep a quality meat department, deli sandwiches, and catering but we
still have an inventory of fresh produce, dairy and groceries. Their work
staff is mainly composed of family and friends and a slew of neighborhood
kids. Joeís wife Jenny and girls Stephanie and Jackie, joined by Jimís wife
Joyce and kids Angie, Jimmy and Rachel have helped run the store thru out
the years. They have always felt lucky to be in the Saint Louis Hills area
full of beautiful homes, great schools, and surrounding businesses.
LeGrandís has been recognized by the River Front Times as favorite butcher,
and favorite meat shop, also by Sauce magazine for the best homemade
bratwurst and Deli.
Come in and give us a try!
4414 Donovan Ave
St Louis, MO 63109